All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionThis first book to adopt a problem-based approach teaches the true basics of the subject through illustrated everyday case studies. The editor's extensive experience in writing textbooks and his close relationship to the authors ensure that the contributions are presented in a pedagogically uniform and highly motivating fashion. Each chapter introduces a different biological problem taken from everyday lab work, such that students learn how to think in order to solve problems in biology by using techniques and tools taken from chemistry. A must-have for students in chemistry, biology and biochemistry.
- Author BiographyHerbert Waldmann obtained his PhD in organic chemistry from the University of Mainz in 1985 working with Professor Horst Kunz, after which he completed a postdoctoral appointment with Professor G. Whitesides at Harvard University. He was appointed as Professor of Organic Chemistry at the University of Bonn (1991), full Professor of Organic Chemistry at the University of Karlsruhe (1993), and Director at the MPI of Molecular Physiology Dortmund and Professor of Organic Chemistry at the University of Dortmund (1999). His research interests lie in the synthesis and use of small molecules in chemical biology research, the chemical biology of protein lipidation and protein microarrays. Petra Janning studied chemistry at the University of Munster, Germany, and did her PhD thesis at the Institute for Analytical Sciences in Dortmund (1995). After different positions where she worked in the area of analytical chemistry and on the borderline between chemistry and biology she joined the Max Planck Institute of Molecular Physiology, Dortmund, in the department of Professor H. Waldmann, where she is currently working. She is responsible for the Bioorganic Practical Course and the analytics in the department. Her work is focused on the development of chromatographic and mass spectrometric methods used in the institute.
- PublisherWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Date of Publication18/03/2009
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationWeinheim
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWiley-VCH Verlag GmbH
- Content Noteill
- Weight602 g
- Width172 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byHerbert Waldmann,Petra Janning
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.