All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $44.50Trending at AU $52.90
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $37.52
About this product
- DescriptionChemical Biophysics provides an engineering-based approach to biochemical system analysis for graduate-level courses on systems biology, computational bioengineering and molecular biophysics. It is the first textbook to apply rigorous physical chemistry principles to mathematical and computational modeling of biochemical systems for an interdisciplinary audience. The book is structured to show the student the basic biophysical concepts before applying this theory to computational modeling and analysis, building up to advanced topics and research. Topics explored include the kinetics of nequilibrium open biological systems, enzyme mediated reactions, metabolic networks, biological transport processes, large-scale biochemical networks and stochastic processes in biochemical systems. End-of-chapter exercises range from confidence-building calculations to computational simulation projects.
- Author BiographyDaniel A. Beard is Associate Professor in the Department of Physiology, Biotechnology and Bioengineering Center, Medical College of Wisconsin. He researches nonequilibrium thermodynamics in biochemical networks. Hong Qian is Professor of Applied Mathematics in the University of Washington. His research interests span computational systems biology, molecular biophysics and mathematical biology and include stochastic analysis and statistical physics of biological systems.
- Author(s)Daniel A. Beard,Hong Qian
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication29/05/2008
- Series TitleCambridge Texts in Biomedical Engineering
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note94 b/w illus. 55 exercises
- Weight790 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.