All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.67Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
About this product
- DescriptionThe author has organized basic, core information on the diagsis, treatment and prevention of chemical dependence into a readily understandable format. His approach teaches the physician what steps to take from a practical point of view: how to prevent addiction in the first place, how to diagse the condition, how to aid the family get the addict into treatment, and how to increase the chances of long-term recovery. The book is divided into three sections. The first section covers basic definitions and concepts. The second section describes the pharmacology of the various psychoactive substances: depressants, opioids, stimulants, cannabiids, hallucigens, phencyclidines, and inhalants. The third section discusses chemical dependence in special groups: women, adolescents, the elderly, ethnic mirities, dual diagsis patients, HIV- positive patients, and impaired physicians.
- Author(s)Howard Thomas Milhorn
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication17/09/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight586 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1990
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.