All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $21.85
About this product
- DescriptionAt the outset the text explains the various key terms of thermodynamics with suitable examples and then thoroughly deals with the virial and cubic equations of state by showing the P-V-T (pressure, molar volume and temperature) relation of fluids. It elaborates on the first and second laws of thermodynamics and their applications with the help of numerous engineering examples. The text further discusses the concepts of exergy, standard property changes of chemical reactions, thermodynamic property relations and fugacity. The book also includes detailed discussions on residual and excess properties of mixtures, various activity coefficient models, local composition models, and group contribution methods. In addition, the text focuses on vapour-liquid and other phase equilibrium calculations, and analyzes chemical reaction equilibria and adiabatic reaction temperature for systems with complete and incomplete conversion of reactants.
- Author BiographyPRADEEP AHUJA, Ph.D., is Reader in the Department of Chemical Engineering and Technology, Institute of Technology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi. He has published several research papers in national and international journals. Dr. Ahuja is a recipient of the AICTE Career Award for Young Teachers and is a life member of the Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers (IIChE).
- Author(s)Pradeep Ahuja
- PublisherPHI Learning
- Date of Publication01/12/2008
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintPHI Learning
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.