All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
About this product
- DescriptionThe third edition of Chemical Fate and Transport in the Environment-winner of a 2015 Textbook Excellence Award (Texty) from The Text and Academic Authors Association-explains the fundamental principles of mass transport, chemical partitioning, and chemical/biological transformations in surface waters, in soil and groundwater, and in air. Each of these three major environmental media is introduced by descriptive overviews, followed by a presentation of the controlling physical, chemical, and biological processes. The text emphasizes intuitively based mathematical models for chemical transport and transformations in the environment, and serves both as a textbook for senior undergraduate and graduate courses in environmental science and engineering, and as a standard reference for environmental practitioners.
- Author BiographyHarry Hemond is William E. Leonhard Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He has authored numerous scientific papers on biogeochemistry and related environmental topics. A registered professional engineer, Professor Hemond has also consulted with governmental agencies and industry. He is a winner of MIT's Irwin Sizer Award for his course Chemicals in the Environment: Fate and Transport, and also holds a Graduate Student Council teaching award. Elizabeth Fechner-Levy is an Associate at Abt Associates Inc., where she does environmental consulting, predominantly for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Fechner,Harold F. Hemond
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication28/07/2014
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content NoteApprox. 216 illustrations
- Weight700 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.