All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
About this product
- DescriptionTechniques in Analytical Chemistry How to evaluate and validate data from chemical measurements in biological systems-a unique overview An understanding of chemical measurement processes in biological systems is essential to working in today's life-science and biotechlogy industries. This work provides analysts and laboratory professionals with the fundamental kwledge and basic principles they need to tackle the measurement process in the real world. Rather than rehashing traditional analytical techniques, which can be problematic for biological samples, the book emphasizes the highly complex nature of biological systems through such topics as enzyme measurements, enzymes as reagents, immuchemical assays, and assay validation and quality control. It provides a complete overview of principles and methods proven useful in biological systems-from pH, buffers, and spectrophotometry to basic chromatographic techniques. With Chemical Measurements in Biological Systems as their guide, readers will understand the basic principles needed to: Read and evaluate an assay method description Choose the appropriate method from the vast array of available techniques Modify and evaluate an existing method for specific needs Set up and run biochemical assays Use multistep problem-solving techniques Evaluate the results of a given assay in a given matrix
- Author BiographyKENT K. STEWART, PhD, is Professor Emeritus of Biochemistry at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, and Adjunct Professor of Chemistry and Biochemistry at the University of Texas at Austin. RICHARD E. EBEL, PhD, is Associate Professor in the Department of Biochemistry, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University.
- Author(s)Kent K. Stewart,Richard E. Ebel
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication01/06/2000
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleTechniques in Analytical Chemistry
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight578 g
- Width159 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.