All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThree old men stalk the shadow of a giant fish one else believes is there. A man takes up scuba diving in the town reservoir to fight off a killing depression. A grieving mother leads a surveyor into the woods to name once and for all the county where her son was murdered by thieves. In the Appalachia of Ron Rash's stories, the collision of the old and new south, of antique and modern, resonate with the depth and power of ancient myths.
- Author BiographyRon Rash is the author of the prize-winning novels One Foot in Eden, Saints at the River and The World Made Straight, as well as several collections of poetry and short stories. He is the recipient of an O. Henry Prize and the James Still Award from the Fellowship of Southern Writers. For Saints at the River he received the 2004 Weatherford Award for Best Novel and the 2005 SEBA Best Book Award for Fiction. Rash holds the John Parris Chair in Appalachian Studies at Western Carolina University and lives in Clemson, South Carolina.
- Author(s)Ron Rash
- PublisherPicador USA
- Date of Publication02/05/2007
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPicador USA
- Out-of-print date13/12/2008
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $11.67Trending at AU $16.55
- AU $17.23Trending at AU $20.98
- AU $23.97Trending at AU $26.98
- AU $11.39Trending at AU $14.12
- AU $24.33Trending at AU $25.95
- AU $10.57Trending at AU $14.14
- AU $19.15Trending at AU $24.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.