All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.53
- AU $12.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.69
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.51
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis textbook presents the chemistry of the environment using the full strength of physical, irganic and organic chemistry, in addition to the necessary mathematics and physics. It provides a broad yet thorough description of the environment and the environmental impact of human activity using scientific principles. It gives an accessible account while paying attention to the fundamental basis of the science, showing derivations of formulas and giving primary references and historical insight. The authors make consistent use of professionally accepted menclature (IUPAC and SI), allowing transparent access to the material by students and scientists from other fields. This textbook has been developed through many years of feedback from students and colleagues. It includes more than 400 online student exercises that have been class tested and refined. The book will be invaluable in environmental chemistry courses for advanced undergraduate and graduate students and professionals in chemistry and allied fields.
- Author BiographySven E. Harnung is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Chemistry at the University of Copenhagen and was Head of Department for 12 years. He teaches courses on environmental, inorganic, physical and analytical chemistry, including pharmaceutical applications. His current research concentrates on magnetic studies of single molecule magnets. He is the author of three chemistry textbooks in Danish. Dr Harnung has organized several congresses, including an International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry (IUPAC) General Assembly. He has been a member of the Danish National Committee for Chemistry for more than 30 years and he is a Fellow of IUPAC. He has served as a board member of the journals Acta Chemica Scandinavica and Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics. Matthew S. Johnson is a Senior Lecturer at the Department of Chemistry in the University of Copenhagen. He teaches courses on environmental chemistry, physical and quantum chemistry and scientific writing. His main research interest is atmospheric chemistry, including kinetics, spectroscopy and stable isotopes in atmospheric trace gases. He is a co-author of more than 65 articles in peer-reviewed journals. He has invented and patented a method for efficient emissions control and improving building energy efficiency. He was awarded a Fulbright Fellowship to study stratospheric chemistry at the Max-lab electron storage ring in Lund, Sweden. He has worked as a researcher for Honeywell and Medtronic and has research collaborations with many groups around the world, including Ford Motor Company and the Tokyo Institute of Technology.
- Author(s)Matthew S. Johnson,Sven E. Harnung
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication31/07/2012
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note128 b/w illus. 131 tables
- Weight770 g
- Width177 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.