All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe fourth edition of this popular, student-friendly textbook provides a course in chemical literacy. With complete yet concise coverage of core topics, it starts from scratch and assumes only minimal prior experience of mathematics and science. This new edition has been fully updated and w features full-colour throughout. It contains a section on special topics such as environmental chemistry, forensic chemistry and nuclear and radiochemistry and also includes two new chapters on 'chemistry saving lives' and the hydrogen ecomy. A companion website provides additional material and enables students to watch experiments.
- Author BiographyROB LEWIS is Dean of the Faculty of Computing, Engineering and Science at the University of South Wales, UK. He is an experienced lecturer in Chemistry and Forensic Science and is a former chief examiner at A-level. His research interests include the industrial applications of spectroscopy. WYNNE EVANS was formerly Principal Lecturer and Subject Head for Chemistry at the University of South Wales, UK. She has worked as a senior tutor in Inorganic Chemistry for the Open University and as an A-Level examiner. Her research interests include coordination and organometallic chemistry and molecular modelling.
- Author(s)Rob Lewis,Wynne Evans
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication08/06/2011
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitlePalgrave Foundations Series
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published1997
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note400 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight1061 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.69Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $20.46Trending at AU $26.08
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.