All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.28
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.57
- AU $28.50Trending at AU $30.66
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $27.95Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $27.86Trending at AU $29.04
About this product
- DescriptionFew writers portray Native American life and history as richly, authentically, and insightfully as Robert J. Conley. Conley represents an important voice of the Cherokee past. The vels in his Real People series combine powerful characters, gripping plots, and vivid descriptions of tradition and mythology to preserve Cherokee culture and history.In Cherokee Dragon, the tenth vel in the series, Robert Conley explores the life if Dragging Cae, the last great war chief of the united Cherokee tribe. In the late eighteenth century, as the English settlers begin steadily encroaching upon the Cherokee lands, the Nation divided among several towns and many chiefs?unites in a series of battles. But the united front is t one that lasts: Dragging Cae's belief that they must fight the settlers to preserve their lands and their culture is far from universal.
- Author(s)Robert J. Conley
- PublisherUniversity of Oklahoma Press
- Date of Publication31/12/2001
- Place of PublicationOklahoma
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Oklahoma Press
- Weight340 g
- Width135 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.