All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBy concentrating on the basic principles the average player is t only given a working kwledge of the endgame but also a firm foundation on which to further develop his or her interest and technique in this fascinating stage of a chess game. The author, a Russian Grandmaster and endgame expert, takes the reader from the most elementary checkmates, through the exploitation of positional and material advantage, right up to the analysis of actual endings from master play.
- Author BiographyYuri Averbakh was one of the leading Soviet grandmasters for two decades, competing in the USSR Championship 15 times between 1949 and 1969. He finished in an extremely respectable 10th place in the famous Zurich Candidates' tournament of 1953. His previous books for Cadogan include Chess Endings: Essential Knowledge and Chess Middlegames: Essential Knowledge and the monumental five-volume series Comprehensive Chess Endings.
- Author(s)IU. Averbakh
- PublisherEveryman Chess
- Date of Publication01/05/1993
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Series TitleCadogan Chess & Bridge Books S.
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEveryman Chess
- Content NoteIll.d.
- Weight10 g
- Width145 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Translated byP. Clarke,P.H. Clarke
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $21.24
- AU $37.39Trending at AU $44.49
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.13
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.15
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.20
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $76.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.