All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBased on Eric Schlosser's bestselling Fast Food Nation, this is the shocking truth about the fast food industry - how it all began, its success, what fast food actually is, what goes on in the slaughterhouses, meatpacking factories and flavour labs, global advertising, merchandising in UK schools, mass production and the exploitation of young workers in the thousands of fast-food outlets throughout the world. It also takes a look at the effects on the environment and the highly topical issue of obesity. Meticulously researched, lively and informative, with first-hand accounts and quotes from children and young people, Eric Schlosser presents the facts in such a way that allows readers to make up their own minds about the incredible fast food phemen.
- Author BiographyEric Schlosser is an author and investigative journalist based in New York. His first book, FAST FOOD NATION was a major international bestseller. His work has appeared in 'Atlantic Monthly', 'Rolling Stone' and the Guardian. CHEW ON THIS is his first book for children.
- Author(s)Eric Schlosser
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication04/05/2006
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight260 g
- Width138 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Interest AgeFrom 11
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $126.99Trending at AU $162.41
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $29.93
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.55
- AU $35.08Trending at AU $47.51
- AU $28.94Trending at AU $29.39
- AU $22.68Trending at AU $25.25
- AU $45.85Trending at AU $53.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.