All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGood health depends on the free flow of life-force energy, chi, throughout the entire body. The accumulation of tensions in the muscles and tendons as well as the stagnation of negative energy can lead to blockages in the body's energy channels, resulting in pain, low energy, or illness. In this full-color illustrated guide, Master Mantak Chia and William Wei detail massage techniques for unblocking chi, releasing tight tendons and muscles, and alleviating back and joint pain. The authors explore the 10 Thai energy meridians kwn as Sen Sib, the 12 muscle-tendon meridians of Chinese acupuncture, and the most commonly strained muscles and tendons of the spine, neck, and pelvis. They explain how to treat specific ailments, such as headache, stiff shoulder, or lumbar pain, with the traditional Thai massage technique kwn as Tok Sen, which uses a wooden hammer to send vibrational energy deep into the fascia and muscles along the Sen Sib meridians. This method is particularly effective for joint pain, because the vibrations can reach more deeply and accurately within the body's structure than a massage therapist's fingers. The authors also explain Meridian Detox Therapy, which includes cupping, skin massage, and Gua Sha--the scraping of different parts of the body to clear blood stagnation, promote metabolism, and treat acute illness. The final book in the Chi Nei Tsang series, Chi Nei Chingoffers advanced massage techniques to work with the energy meridians for optimum health.
- Author BiographyMantak Chia, world-famous Inner Alchemy and Chi Kung master, founded the Universal Healing Tao System in 1979 and has taught and certified tens of thousands of students and instructors all over the world. The director of the Tao Garden Health Spa and Resort in northern Thailand, he is the author of 46 books, including Chi Self-Massage and Sexual Reflexology. William U. Wei is a senior instructor of the Universal Healing Tao and has taught with Master Chia in more than 30 countries. He lives in Milwaukie, Oregon.
- Author(s)Mantak Chia,William U. Wei
- PublisherInner Traditions Bear and Company
- Date of Publication04/11/2013
- SubjectAlternative Therapies & Health
- Place of PublicationRochester, VT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1900
- ImprintInner Traditions Bear and Company
- Content NoteFull-color throughout
- Weight370 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $21.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.