All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIncluding over 200 of Flerlage's photographs of folk musicians during the 1960s, Chicago Folk presents a stunning portrait of a vibrant urban folk milieu. Featuring popular performers such as Bob Dylan and Joan Baez, as well as old and new traditional musicians like the New Lost City Ramblers and other blues, bluegrass, old-time, Cajun and gospel performers who appeared in Chicago, these images capture the broad scope of folk musicians who were part and parcel of the 1960s folk music revival in Chicago and elsewhere.
- Author BiographyRaeburn Flerlage was an acclaimed photographer of the Chicago Blues scene. His work has appeared in magazines such as Blues Access, DownBeat, Living Blues, and Sing Out! ; books including Blues Legends and Who's Who in the Blues ; and on record covers for Chess, Delmark, and RCA record labels. Ronald D. Cohen is the author of Folk Music: The Basics and A History of Folk Music Festivals in the United States and a professor emeritus of history at Indiana University. He lives in Gary, Indiana. Bob Riesman is the author of the forthcoming biography I Feel So Good: The Life and Times of Big Bill Broonzy. He lives in Chicago.
- Author(s)Bob Riesman,Raeburn Flerlage,Ronald D. Cohen
- PublisherECW Press,Canada
- Date of Publication10/01/2009
- Place of PublicationMontreal
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintECW Press,Canada
- Content Note150
- Weight871 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.03Trending at AU $32.48
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $43.72Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.14
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $42.71Trending at AU $48.94
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.