All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.92
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.14
About this product
- DescriptionDennis Brunt, a rookie tax attorney, can't understand why Gerhard Schmidt wants his involvement in the case when Schmidt is charged with serious felonies, including drug dealing, illegal arms trading, and money laundering. The only connection they seem to have is that they're both Argentinian. But that connection is tenuous at best. Dennis remembers very little about Argentina since his adoptive parents raised him in America from a very young age. But this is a direct order from the managing attorney, so Dennis can't say . Despite his misgivings, Dennis kws this high-profile case could serve as a springboard for his career. The problem is that it has drawn the attention of the US attorney for the Northern District of Illiis and his agents are stalking both Dennis and his client. But that's only part of the action Dennis faces as the case takes him back to his former home of Argentina. Soon, he'll find out his connection to Schmidt-as well as some unbelievable family secrets-in Chicago Tango, a legal thriller full of surprising twists written by Illiis attorney Tony Mankus.
- Author BiographyIllinois attorney Tony Mankus focuses on tax controversies including tax collections, audits, and criminal investigations. He and his wife Margarita Marchan-Mankus are partners in the law firm of Mankus & Marchan, Ltd. They married in 1983 and have four grown daughters. Tony joined the Peace Corps and worked as a revenue officer for the Internal Revenue Service before becoming an attorney. He earned his law degree from the John Marshall Law School in Chicago in 1985. His literary background includes publishing both technical articles dealing with tax and bankruptcy issues and more personal and creative ones published in the Non-Billable Hours section of the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, Lithuanian Heritage magazine, and Rivulets. He has also published a memoir, Where Do I Belong?, about his World War II experiences as a Lithuanian refugee displaced in Germany before immigrating to the United States. Find out more about Tony's immigrant experience at www.tonymankus.com.
- Author(s)Tony Mankus
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication19/05/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight172 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.