All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.39Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $74.54Trending at AU $75.65
- AU $22.13Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.58
- AU $31.31Trending at AU $37.07
- AU $17.66Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.34
About this product
- DescriptionOpening Chicagoscapes places the reader amid the breathtaking grandeur and warm humanity of one of the world's great cities, a metropolis both lavish with its pleasures and as hard as weathered steel, a prairie-bound Oz that demands commitment from those seeking its truths. Larry Kanfer and native Chicagoan Alaina Kanfer have captured authentic moments that invite the viewer into pocket universes achieved in collaboration between an acclaimed photographic artist and the living world. From the deep blues of Lake Michigan to imposing winter cityscapes, from awe-inspiring skyscrapers to corner hot dog joints, and from the lakefront chess obsessives to Maxwell Street's indefatigable vendors, Larry Kanfer brings the mesmerizing sensibility acclaimed in his collections Prairiescapes and On Firm Ground to illuminate the subtleties of mood and forces of nature that make Chicago a city unlike any other.
- Author BiographyLarry Kanfer earned a degree in architecture from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. He is an award-winning photographic artist whose original artwork is available through his galleries in Champaign, Illinois, and online at www.kanfer.com. His original artwork is featured in public and private collections nationally. His previous books of photography include Prairiescapes, On Firm Ground, On Second Glance: Midwest Photographs, and, with Alaina Kanfer, Barns of Illinois and Illini Loyalty. Alaina Kanfer grew up in Chicago, graduated from Northwestern University, and received her doctorate in mathematical social sciences from the University of California, Irvine.
- PublisherUniversity of Illinois Press
- Date of Publication30/08/2014
- SubjectPeople & Places: General
- Place of PublicationBaltimore
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Illinois Press
- Content Note112 color photographs, 2 black and white photographs
- Weight912 g
- Width7443 mm
- Height6452 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Photographs byLarry Kanfer
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.