All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSoutheast Asian food is fresh, easy and full of unforgettable flavours: Chicken and Rice will show you just how simple it is to make at home. Shu Han Lee moved to London from Singapore as a student. Homesick and hungry, she started teaching herself to cook the food she'd grown up with - Singaporean and Malaysian dishes, with a strong Chinese influence from her Hokkien Chinese mother. These recipes, from her mother's sesame oil chicken to ox cheek and venison rendang, are ones you will want to make time and time again. There are perfect midweek suppers rustled up in less time than it takes to order a takeaway, and healthier and better tasting at that: fennel and minced pork stir fry, fried hor fun odles with kale and beansprouts or tom yum soup with mussels. For weekends, there are more adventurous projects: learn how to make your own steamed buns, egg odles, or BBQ sambal lemon sole - a whole fish barbequed on banana leaves. Although these are Southeast Asian recipes, Shu's seasonal approach to the very best of UK produce is reflected throughout this book: from Brussels sprouts with smashed garlic and oyster sauce to -churn rhubarb and condensed milk ice cream. There are also recipes that Shu has picked up on her travels throughout Southeast Asia, such as Vietnamese caramel pork ribs, Thai baked glass odles with prawns and black pepper and Burmese chickpea tofu with fish sauce, lime and honey dressing.
- Author BiographyShu Han Lee is a graphic designer and freelance food stylist, writer and cook. The Sunday Times named her as one of Britain's best food bloggers (www.mummyicancook.com), and she frequently hosts supper clubs, pop-ups and workshops. Born and raised in Singapore, Shu Han Lee now lives in London. Chicken and Rice is her first book.
- Author(s)Shu Han Lee
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication05/05/2016
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFig Tree
- Weight1016 g
- Width194 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine25 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.