All listings for this product
About this product
- Description<b>Celebrate Shabbat, community, and diverse traditions with this lyrical tale, illustrated with a lively and whimsical touch.</b> When Goldie Simcha doesn t joyfully throw open her door to welcome everyone in to her apartment for a meal of her famous <i>cholent, </i> her neighbors wonder what could be wrong. Little Lali Omar kcks on the door to 5-A, only to learn that Goldie was feeling too sick on Friday to cook, and everyone kws you can t make <i>cholent</i> in a hurry, right away, <i>chik chak</i>! But it just isn t Shabbat without <i>cholent.</i> What can her neighbors do to save the day? In an uplifting story that warms more than your heart, <i>Chik Chak Shabbat </i>offers a <i>cholent</i> recipe that keeps Goldie s sharing spirit alive.
- Author Biography<b>Mara Rockliff </b>is the author of many books for children, including <i>The Busiest Street in Town </i>and <i>Me and Momma and Big John, </i> winner of the Golden Kite Award<i>.</i> Mara Rockliff lives in eastern Pennsylvania with her family. <b>Kyrsten Brooker </b>is the illustrator of many award-winning books for children. She lives in Edmonton, Canada.
- Author(s)Mara Rockliff
- PublisherCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/09/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationMassachusetts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Weight431 g
- Width231 mm
- Height272 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Kyrsten Brooker
- Format DetailsPicture book,Sewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $81.80Trending at AU $83.85
- AU $48.43Trending at AU $51.48
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $18.96
- AU $22.59Trending at AU $24.90
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $18.81
- AU $30.71Trending at AU $33.58
- AU $28.23Trending at AU $28.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.