All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- Description'David A Wolfe successfully provides a clear and general introduction to the different types of abuse and a systematic discussion of physical, emotional, cognitive, educational and social development in childhood' - Children & Society This Second Edition of Child Abuse is devoted to a topic of major social and clinical significance. In this book, the author describes the different types of abuse and discusses the influence they have on development and social consequences in childhood and adolescence. The book uses theory and research to convey the importance of multiple contextual influences that affect abuse and can be used to ameliorate it.
- Author BiographyDr. Wolfe holds the inaugural RBC Chair in Children's Mental Health at the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, and heads the CAMH Centre for Prevention Science. He is also Professor of Psychiatry and Psychology at the University of Toronto. Since 2007 he has served as Editor-in-Chief of Child Abuse & Neglect: The International Journal. He is a fellow of the American Psychological Association, past President of Division 37 (Child, Youth, and Family Services), and received a Diplomate in Clinical Psychology from the American Board of Professional Psychology (ABPP). He has provided extensive assessment and consultation to child protective services, schools, and the court with respect to issues of child abuse and violence.
- Author(s)David A. Wolfe
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication01/06/1999
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleDevelopmental Clinical Psychology and Psychiatry
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 10
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight207 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.