All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $22.16
- AU $43.35Trending at AU $44.65
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $37.27
- AU $25.64Trending at AU $34.27
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.24
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $79.69
About this product
- DescriptionSexual abuse of children is an especially delicate matter, and each reported case should be treated with exacting care. Accurate identification and appropriate response to symptoms of sexual maltreatment in children is essential to resilient, long-term recovery for survivors. Therefore, it is incumbent upon those professionals who care for and represent the interests of survivors to recognize cases of childhood sexual abuse and to respond expediently, in the best interest of the survivors. This new pocket atlas, the second addition to an ongoing series on child abuse, will support medical practitioners and other affiliated sexual assault response providers in identifying and interpreting the physical signs and symptoms of sexual abuse in children. With nearly 400 full-color exam photos and corresponding case studies, as well as detailed refreshers on agenital anatomy, exam equipment, and typical findings, readers in medicine, law enforcement, and social service will all benefit from this compact photographic reference and guide.
- Author BiographyRandell Alexander, MD, PhD is a professor of pediatrics at the University of Florida, USA and the Morehouse School of Medicine and has served on several state child death review committees. He is an active researcher, lectures widely, and testifies frequently in major child abuse cases throughout the country.
- Author(s)Angelo P. Giardino,David L. Chadwick,Debra Esernio-Jenssen,Jonathan D. Thackeray,Joyce A. Adams,Randell Alexander,Rich Kaplan,Suzanne P. Starling
- PublisherSTM Learning
- Date of Publication30/01/1993
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleChild Abuse Pocket Atlas Series
- Place of PublicationSaint Louis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSTM Learning
- Content Note400 colour images
- Weight399 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.