All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
About this product
- DescriptionChild Care and Training was first published in 1928. Minnesota Archive Editions uses digital techlogy to make long-unavailable books once again accessible, and are published unaltered from the original University of Minnesota Press editions.In this completely revised edition, a book with a long and successful history is brought up to date in keeping with current concepts of child development and growth. This basic handbook has been used and enthusiastically endorsed by thousands of teachers, students, doctors, parents, and nurses.The present volume retains the time-tested plan of previous editions, but much of the material has been revised and new information, including a whole chapter on Personality, Adjustment, and Mental Health, has been added. All of the illustrations are new also.The authors of the original volume, Marion L. Faegre and John E. Anderson, were joined in the preparation of this revision by Dale B. Harris, Dr. Anderson's successor as director of the Institute of Child Welfare at the University of Minnesota. In his long and distinguished career Dr. Anderson has served as president of the American Psychological Association and of the Society for Research in Child Development, as editor of the Psychological Bulletin and as advisory editor of Parents' Magazine and Childhood Education. Mrs. Faegre, author of numerous other works on child development, served for many years as consultant in parent education in the U. S. Children's Bureau, Washington, D. C.Whether this book is used as a text for teaching or as a reference or guidebook for the individual, it admirably fills the need for a practical, authoritative source of instruction and advice.
- Author(s)M.L. Faegre,etc.
- PublisherUniversity of Minnesota Press
- Date of Publication01/12/1958
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationMinnesota
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Minnesota Press
- Content NoteIll.
- Weight386 g
- Width140 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement8th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.