CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.32
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionThe best-selling International Edition of CHILD, FAMILY, SCHOOL, COMMUNITY: SOCIALIZATION AND SUPPORT, w in its Ninth Edition, offers an excellent introduction to socialization that is grounded in a powerful conceptual framework--Urie Bronfenbrenner's Bioecological Model of Human Development. Examining how the school, family, and community influence children's socialization, this text addresses complex issues in a clear, comprehensive fashion. An enjoyable read, it's packed with meaningful, timely examples and effective study tools that ensure you gain a solid understanding of chapter concepts. A sensitive presentation of diversity issues includes matters related to culture, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, and special needs. Updated throughout, this edition features a stronger emphasis on NAEYC and DAP standards as well as new information on diversity in all forms, techlogy and the impact of media, bullying, and other topics.
- Author BiographyRoberta Berns is a Professor Emerita at the University of California, Irvine, as well as Saddleback College, where she founded and chaired the Human Development Department. Berns also was a student of renowned developmental psychologist Urie Bronfenbrenner at Cornell University. She lives in California with her husband, a professor of bioengineering. They have two children (one, an English professor and the other, a professor of neuroscience) and two grandchildren.
- Author(s)Roberta Berns
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication15/12/2011
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Weight1010 g
- Width218 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition StatementInternational ed of 9th Revised ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.