All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.14
- AU $17.87Trending at AU $22.29
- AU $43.44Trending at AU $44.45
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $37.10
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.33
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.06
About this product
- DescriptionChild - Built by research. Grounded in scholarship. Powered by connect. The latest entry in the McGraw-Hill M-Series, Child is part of an integrated learning solution with Connect, LearnSmart, and Milestones of Child Development, designed to help students learn how biology, psychology, and social forces influence child and adolescent development. Child combines a commitment to scholarly content, critical thinking, and real-life applications of theory with a visually engaging and dynamic, interactive format. All of the resources for Child were developed to engage students and foster their success in the Child Development course. Connect Child allows students to work through assigned course content at their own pace, using their mobile devices. With the use of our groundbreaking, adaptive study tool, LearnSmart, students are able to quickly pinpoint their weaknesses and are then guided to master the material they don't kw through engaging interactivities, exercises, and readings. Our research shows that students using LearnSmart can see their grades improve by a letter grade or more! In addition to the course reading, to fully comprehend how children develop, it is essential to observe them in action. Providing this experience within the Connect framework, Milestones of Child Development is an assessable video-based program that tracks infants and children through major developmental milestones. Available only from McGraw-Hill, Milestones gives students the opportunity to watch an individual child approaching and achieving major milestones and compare several children on a specific milestone. Paired with the dynamic digital offerings of Child is a contemporary textbook design which stems from research on student study habits, learning behaviors, and reader expectations. McGraw-Hill conducted in-depth surveys and focus groups with students to understand what makes their reading and learning experiences more engaging, memorable, and enjoyable. We observed students and faculty in classes. We then interviewed instructors to identify their biggest challenges and find out how a completely different way to deliver content could help to overcome those challenges. Students want visually appealing course materials with interactive pedagogy, an integrated approach, and relevant content geared to different learning styles. Faculty told us they want a way to engage their students without compromising academic quality. Portable, multimodal, and visual - Child offers a dynamic learning experience designed for today's students.
- Author BiographyMeet our author, Gabriella Martorell Gabriela Alicia Martorell obtained her bachelor's degree in Psychology from the University of California, Davis, followed by her Ph.D. in Developmental and Evolutionary Psychology from the University of California, Santa Barbara. Since that time, she has served a number of learning institutions including Portland State University, Norfolk State University, and her current full-time position at Virginia Wesleyan College. Gabriela has taught graduate and undergraduate courses in lifespan human development, infant development, child development, adolescent development, adulthood and aging, cultural issues in psychology, evolutionary psychology, developmental psychopathology, and a Capstone practicum in Early Childhood Education. She is committed to teaching, mentoring and advising. She is currently conducting research on attachment processes in immigrant Latino/a adolescents which is funded by the Virginia Foundation for Independent Colleges, and is Co-Investigator for a National Science Foundation grant focused on student retention and success in science, technology, engineering, and math. Meet our contributing author, Diane Papalia As a professor, Diane E. Papalia taught thousands of undergraduates at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. She received her bachelor's degree, majoring in psychology, from Vassar College and both her master's degree in child development and family relations and her PhD in life-span developmental psychology from West Virginia University. She has pub--lished numerous articles in such professional journals as Human Development, International Journal of Aging and Human Development, Sex Roles, Journal of Experimental Child Psychol--ogy, and Journal of Gerontology. Most of these papers have dealt with her major research focus, cognitive development from childhood through old age. She is especially interested in intelligence in old age and in factors that contribute to the maintenance of intellectual functioning in late adulthood. She is a Fellow in the Gerontological Society of America. She is the coauthor of Experience Human Development and of A Child's World both with Ruth Duskin Feldman.
- Author(s)Gabriela Martorell
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication18/10/2012
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleB&B Psychology
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight675 g
- Width221 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine12 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.