All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.80Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $105.10Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
About this product
- DescriptionEach day, the safety and well-being of some children is threatened by child abuse and neglect. Intervening effectively in the lives of these children and their families is t the sole responsibility of any single agency or professional group, but rather is a shared community concern. In the area of neglect, both the field and the community increasingly recognize the impact of many factors such as poverty, unemployment, and housing, as well as individual and family characteristics. This book delves deeper into the root causes, symptoms, and consequences of neglect, as well as the interdisciplinary ways to prevent both its occurrence and recurrence. This book also reviews definitions and strategies for assessing neglect, presents lessons learned about prevention and intervention, and suggests sources of training and informational support. Strategies for addressing neglect, beginning with prevention, are included.
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/2015
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Weight396 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byFranklin Moss
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.