All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.98Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
About this product
- DescriptionThis authoritative series draws from original research and current policy debates to help social work managers, policy makers and researchers to understand and improve the outcomes of services for children and young people in need. Taking an evidence-based approach, these books include children's experiences and analysis of costs and effectiveness in their assessment of interventions, and provide guidance on how to develop more effective policy, practice, and training. Child Protection and Child Welfare draws on the kwledge of child protection experts and social care professionals in a broad range of countries in order to provide a comparative international overview of child protection strategy and policy. It uses case studies to highlight the differences and similarities in approaches to child welfare and protection within selected geographical areas, and offers guidance for those working with children from immigrant communities living in these areas. Research findings offer practitioners and policy makers useful information for developing their practice and to enable them to respond to culturally specific needs arising in the children they are working to protect. This important book will be essential reading for social workers, policy makers, child protection service workers, commissioners and managers across child and family welfare services, as well as researchers and academics in the field.
- Author BiographyPenelope Welbourne is Associate Professor in Social Work at the University of Plymouth, UK. John Dixon is Dean and the Distinguished Professor Public Policy and Administration for the College of Social Sciences at the Kazakhstan Institute of Management, Economics and Strategic Research.
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/08/2013
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleChild Welfare Outcomes
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content NoteIllustrationsstrations
- Weight558 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byJohn Dixon,Penelope Welbourne
- Series Edited byHarriet Ward
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.