All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.94
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionChild Protection and Parents with a Learning Disability provides the practical kwledge that professionals need in order to understand common intellectual disabilities and how they might affect parenting capability. It presents clear guidance on how to carry out effective assessments and explains how interventions might differ when working with parents who have a learning disability. It covers a broad spectrum of disabilities, including borderline conditions and Autism Spectrum Disorder. The book also explores a number of emotional and mental health issues that can occur alongside learning disabilities, such as ADHD, anxiety, depression, and attachment disorders, to show how they should be understood in the context of cognitive abilities and the parenting role. Empowering practitioners to make informed decisions about children's welfare, this is a must-have guide for all professionals working with families where a parent is affected by a learning disability.
- Author BiographyPenny Morgan is a Consultant Clinical and Forensic Psychologist, who has specialised in the field of learning disabilities since 1978. She was one of the first psychologists in the country to be involved in completing parenting assessments. As part of her work, she has consulted with and advised social work teams, lectured at conferences across the country and taught on the social work qualification courses at the University of East Anglia. She lives in East Anglia, UK.
- Author(s)Penny Morgan
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication21/09/2016
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Weight249 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.