All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionThis textbook covers the classification, causes, treatment and prevention of psychological disorders in the infant through the adolescent years. Chapters balance the social and historical context of psychopathology with the physiological roots of abrmal behavior, leading students to a comprehensive understanding of child psychopathology. The book is totally up-to-date, including coverage of the DSM-5 and criticisms of it. In four parts, this textbook describes the empirical bases of child psychopathology as well as the practice of child psychologists, outlining the classification and causes of disorders in addition to methods of assessment, intervention and treatment. Students will be able to evaluate the treatments used by professionals and debunk popular myths about atypical behavior and its treatment. Complementing the lively writing style, text boxes, clinical case studies and numerous examples from international cultures and countries add context to chapter material. Study questions, diagrams and a glossary offer further learning support.
- Author BiographyBarry H. Schneider is Professor of Psychology at the University of Ottawa.
- Author(s)Barry H. Schneider
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication04/12/2014
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note56 b/w illus. 13 tables
- Weight1420 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.