All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMeeting a crucial need, this book distills the best current knowledge on child and adolescent suicide prevention into comprehensive guidelines for school-based practitioners. The author draws on extensive research and clinical experience to provide best-practice recommendations for developing schoolwide prevention programs, conducting risk assessments, and intervening at different levels of intensity with students at risk. Also presented are postvention procedures for responding effectively if a suicide does occur. Legal and ethical issues are addressed in detail. Reproducible handouts include sample assessment questions for students, teachers, and parents; the book's large-size format and lay-flat binding facilitate photocopying. This book will be valuable reading for school psychologists, counselors, administrators, and social workers; also of interest to child/adolescent clinical psychologists and psychiatrists. It may also serve as a supplemental text in graduate-level courses.
- Author BiographyDavid N. Miller, PhD, is Associate Professor of School Psychology at the University at Albany, State University of New York, where he has served as Director of the School Psychology Program. He is a certified school psychologist and has extensive experience working with children and adolescents exhibiting suicidal behavior, as well as other emotional and behavioral problems, in both public and alternative school settings. Dr. Miller is senior author of the book Identifying, Assessing, and Treating Self-Injury at School; is the author of several journal articles and book chapters; and serves on the editorial advisory boards of several professional journals. His primary research and clinical interest is suicidal behavior and related internalizing problems in children and adolescents, particularly issues in school-based suicide prevention.
- Author(s)David N. Miller
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication14/02/2011
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleGuilford Practical Intervention in the Schools
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Weight420 g
- Width203 mm
- Height266 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $33.36Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $23.12Trending at AU $33.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.