Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.50
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.88
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.33
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.11
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.86
About this product
- DescriptionWilliam was nearly four hundred years old and the last of his kind, or so he thought. The Gifted, as they were once called, helped humans survive the dark years, but fear of their powers drove man to betray and murder them. William had escaped the gecide and traveled alone since childhood guided only by an inner desire to uncover the secrets of nature's magic and share them with those he deemed worthy. But he had t tutored a pupil for many years. His body aged again, his powers were fading, and he wandered aimlessly waiting to die. Just as he accepted the inevitability of his death, a vision warning of unspeakable evil brought renewed purpose to William's empty life and foretold a champion with who rests the fate of all mankind!
- Author BiographyMartin Rivera is from Altamonte Springs, FL - retired from the U.S. Navy in early 2006, and is now an aspiring beach bum in Jacksonville. If that doesn't pan out, his backup plans include studying towards a master's degree in elementary education, and to teach young children science. He is married, has two children, two dogs, and about a dozen tropical fish. Martin rediscovered his interest in writing by accident. While on active duty, he wanted something more interesting to write his children than the same old how are you, I am fine. blah, blah, blah stuff. He was fortunate enough to be assigned to a command ship, the USS Mount Whitney (LCC-20) which at the time was one of the few to have internet service available even while underway. Martin's children enjoyed making up their own short stories, and he had enjoyed writing in high school. To help pass the months of separation, they would email chapters of their stories to one another. 'Child of Magic' began during one such deployment in 2000. Progress was slow because of the heavy work schedule while at sea, but a rough draft was completed in early 2002. Martin transferred to shore duty after that, and all original notes and the first printed draft where thought to have been lost. While unpacking their belongings after retiring to Jacksonville, an old briefcase was found with lots of missing pictures, military awards, and the original materials for the novel. Even then it was several years more before interest in finishing and publishing 'Child of Magic' would start up again in earnest. Martin plans to continue writing...and beach combing.
- Author(s)Martin Rivera
- Date of Publication09/11/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight839 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.