All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this Bank Street College of Education Best Children's Book of the Year, Paula Young Shelton, daughter of Civil Rights activist Andrew Young, brings a child's unique perspective to an important chapter in America's history. Paula grew up in the deep south, in a world where whites had and blacks did t. With an activist father and a community of leaders surrounding her, including Uncle Martin (Martin Luther King), Paula watched and listened to the struggles, eventually joining with her family--and thousands of others--in the historic march from Selma to Montgomery. Poignant, moving, and hopeful, this is an intimate look at the birth of the Civil Rights Movement.
- Author BiographyPaula Young Shelton is the daughter of civil rights leader and former U.N. ambassador Andrew Young. She is a teacher in Washington, D.C., and a member of the National Black Child Development Institute. Her husband, Hilary O. Shelton, is the director of the NAACP Washington Bureau. Raul Colon is the acclaimed illustrator of numerous children's books.
- Author(s)Paula Young Shelton,Raul Colon
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication07/08/2013
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchwartz & Wade
- Out-of-print date23/09/2016
- Content NoteFull Colour Illustrations
- Weight204 g
- Width211 mm
- Height272 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Children's Picture Books
Save on Children's Picture Books
- AU $20.84Trending at AU $22.78
- AU $11.49Trending at AU $13.53
- AU $10.61Trending at AU $14.16
- AU $7.66Trending at AU $10.30
- AU $11.78Trending at AU $13.89
- AU $8.00Trending at AU $9.38
- AU $7.53Trending at AU $13.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.