All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionEach year about 4,000 children and teens in the United States are diagsed with a brain or spinal cord tumor. The illness and its treatment can have devastating effects on family, friends, schoolmates, and the larger community. This newly updated edition contains essential information families need during this difficult time. It includes descriptions of the newest treatments, such as computer-assisted surgery, stem cell transplants, and targeted therapies as well as practical advice about how to cope with diagsis, medical procedures, hospitalization, school, and finances. Effective ways to form a partnership with the medical team are provided, as are resources for medical information, emotional support, and financial assistance. The poignant and practical stories from more than 100 children with brain or spinal cord tumors and their parents show the personal side of diagsis and treatment. Parents who read this book will find simply explained medical facts, advice to ease their daily life, and tools to be a strong advocate for their child.
- Author BiographyTania Shiminski-Maher, a pediatric nurse practitioner, has worked for more than 30 years with children and teens who have brain and spinal cord tumors. She lives in New York City. Catherine Woodman is a physician who has published peer-reviewed papers on ethics of pediatric research and late effects of treatment for childhood cancer. She lives in Iowa City, Iowa. Nancy Keene is the author of several books, including Chemo, Craziness, and Comfort ; Childhood Cancer ; Childhood Leukemia ; Educating the Child with Cancer ; and Your Child in the Hospital. She lives in Bellingham, Washington.
- Author(s)Catherine Woodman,Nancy Keene,Tania Shiminski-Maher
- PublisherChildhood Cancer Guides
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChildhood Cancer Guides
- Weight807 g
- Width178 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.