Children Exposed to Domestic Violence: Current Issues in Research, Intervention, Prevention, and Policy Development by Peter Jaffe (Paperback, 2000)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $67.30+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDiscover research from across the United States and around the world on children exposed to domestic violence! If you are a member of a helping, medical, or legal profession, Children Exposed to Domestic Violence: Current Issues in Research, Intervention, Prevention, and Policy Development will help you explore research, assessments, interventions, and policy and prevention for children, victims of battering, batterers, and their families. This important book focuses on various aspects of spousal/partner abuse and child maltreatment. Comprehensive and thorough, Children Exposed to Domestic Violence focuses on three major sections: theoretical and research issues, intervention and prevention strategies, and policy development from an international perspective. Some of the important issues you will examine include: * exploring the importance of partnerships between the domestic violence front-line workers and researchers at universities * addressing the thorny issues of parenting in abused women * assessing all areas of children's adjustment as well as their various relationships that may be problematic * investigating the results of a quarter century research on men who batter by focusing on the crucial link between exposure to violence in childhood and adult marital behavior * understanding the role of physiological and environmental factors as central to the role in domestic violence * exploring the challenges faced by shelter staff in providing services to children who accompany their mother to find refuge * examining new ideas for primary prevention programs in schools * understanding policy and legislative implications of the growing body of literature on the impact of exposure to violence on children Children Exposed to Domestic Violence exemplifies the serious challenges faced by social workers, educators, policymakers, psychologists and others in helping professions working with children who have been exposed to domestic violence. You will gain insight into the vast amount of research that has taken place in the last ten years on this problem that will assist you with creating research ideas, interventions, prevention programs, and policies concerning children exposed to domestic violence.
- Author(s)Peter Jaffe
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2000
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationBinghamton
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHaworth Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight589 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byRobert Geffner
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.