All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionChildren Map the World: Selections from the Barbara Petchenik Children's World Map Competition presents seventy maps created by children ages 3 to 15 for the 2013 International Cartographic Association map design competition. These hand-drawn, sewn, or assembled maps convey powerful messages of optimism, anxiety, tolerance, and hope that reflect the competition's most recent theme: My Place in Today's World. This anniversary edition also showcases maps from past competitions held from 1993 through 2011. Children, parents, teachers, and map enthusiasts will delight in the work of these imaginative young cartographers. The children's representations of the world and life on it demonstrate their varied perspectives on the state of the planet--from optimism to pessimism, grandeur to light-heartedness.
- Author BiographyEditors Carla Cristina R. G. de Sena (Brazil), Jose Jesus Reyes Nunez (Hungary), Necla Ulu?tekin (Turkey), and Temenoujka Bandrova (Bulgaria), are university-level educators. Their collective expertise encompasses the fields of geography, cartography, map design, 3D cartographic modeling, map projections, and education as it relates to children and mapping.
- PublisherESRI Press
- Date of Publication30/04/2015
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Place of PublicationRedlands
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintEnvironmental Systems Research Institute Inc.,U.S.
- Content Note74 illustrations
- Weight525 g
- Width254 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edited byCarla Cristina R. G. de Sena,Jose Jesus Reyes Nunez,Necla Ulu Tekin,Temenoujka Bandrova
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.