All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
About this product
- DescriptionThree to five per cent of children fail to thrive. Without early intervention this can lead to serious growth failure and delayed psychomotor development. Such children typically present difficulties with feeding and sleeping, as well as other behavioural problems. Failure to grow can also involve attachment disorders, emotional maltreatment, neglect, and abuse. Dorota Iwaniec has carried out the longest ever study on failure to thrive, following up on 198 clinical cases after a 20-year period. This extensive practical guide includes: * numerous checklists and other instruments for use in assessments* four chapters on intervention and treatments, with a particular focus on multidisciplinary approaches* a comprehensive literature review alongside original research data* case studies drawn from the author's lengthy clinical experienceThis book is essential reading for social workers, health visitors, nurses, pediatricians, psychologists and child care workers.
- Author BiographyDorota Iwaniec is a Professor of Social Work and Director of the Institute of Child Care Research at Queen's University of Belfast. She has extensive clinical and research experience of working with children and their families and, in particular, in failure to thrive, neglect, emotional abuse, and behavioural and emotional problems of children and adolescents. She has been researching failure-to-thrive children for the last 25 years and has recently completed a 20-year follow-up study. Prior to coming to Queen's University she worked as a social worker, researcher, and trainer in Leicester for nearly 30 years, both at the Social Services Department and at the Department of Child Health at Leicester Royal Infirmary.
- Author(s)Dorota Iwaniec
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication20/01/2004
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight594 g
- Width165 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.