All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.27
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $20.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
About this product
- DescriptionThe increasing reliance of our educational system on standardized tests has precipitated a national debate. This debate, however, has proceeded with little attention to the tests themselves. This book makes a scholarly contribution to the debate by using the methods of discourse analysis to examine t only representative material from reading tests but also children's responses to it. The book is particularly attentive to the role of culture in shaping children's understanding of what they read.
- Author BiographyCLIFFORD HILL holds an endowed chair-the Arthur I. Gates Professorship of Language and Education-at Columbia University, where he also chairs the Department of International and Transcultural Studies at Teachers College./e In addition, he directs the Program in African Languages at the Institute of African Studies, which is housed in the School of International and Public Affairs. ERIC LARSEN is Adjunct Professor and instructor at the Department of International and Transcultural Studies at Teachers College, Columbia University.
- Author(s)Clifford Hill,Eric Larsen
- Date of Publication16/02/2000
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleAdvances in Discourse Processes
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 65
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAblex Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteglossary, references, indices
- Weight612 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.