All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $18.54Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $39.16
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers an integrative view on children and television from the accumulated global literature in this field of the last 50 years, drawing on a diverse spectrum of research. combining both the American and European traditions. Children and Television features an international approach, balancing the need to contextualize television in children's lives in their unique cultural spaces, as well as searching for universal understandings that hold true for children around the world. * Presents an inclusive view on children and television, examining the accumulated global literature in this field of the last 50 years * Combines both the European tradition, characterized by a more sociological and cultural studies perspective to the field, with the American tradition, influenced heavily by the developmental psychological studies * Draws together a methodological diversity from both the quantitative (experimental and survey) and qualitative (ethgraphic and interview) research on children and television * Written with a distinctively international approach, and highlights the global perspective in each of the chapters.
- Author BiographyDafna Lemish is Editor of Journal of Children and Media and Professor of the Department of Communication at Tel Aviv University. Among others, she co-authored The Make-Believe Worlds of Children: When Harry Potter met Pokemon in Disneyland and co-edited Children and Media in Times of War and Conflict. She has been studying children and television for 25 years in the USA, Europe and Israel, and has worked on the early socialization of television viewing, the effects of television violence, cultivation of stereotypes, development of television literacy, construction of gender identities, and the role of television in children's lives during the Iraq war.
- Author(s)Dafna Lemish
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication11/09/2006
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight546 g
- Width165 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.