All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $11.82Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.34
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.65
- AU $12.62Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.28
About this product
- DescriptionWhat was life like for children in Britain during World War II? This book, for children aged 6+, explores their lives through photographs and a simple text. It asks children to become history detectives themselves by studying the photographs. Topics include evacuation, school life, the Blitz and rationing. It is suitable for children studying the Primary History curriculum. Other books in the series include The Seaside, Toys and Games and The Victorians.
- Author BiographyBorn in Suffolk, Sarah Ridley lives on the Suffolk/Essex border and is a writer and editor of educational books for children and young people. Recently, a life-long interest in history has led her to write books about the First World War, inspired by reading letters written by soldiers who served in the conflict. Brothers at War tells the story of uncovering the material held in her own family's archives. Dear Jelly sets letters written by soldier brothers to their younger sisters at its core. Teenage children keep Sarah busy when she isn't tied to her computer, and she relaxes by walking along river estuaries close to her home.
- Author(s)Sarah Ridley
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication09/06/2011
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Series TitleHistory Snapshots
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 7
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFranklin Watts Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight142 g
- Width210 mm
- Height264 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 1
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.