All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionFinland is kwn worldwide as a laboratory of the information society. The Finnish model combines information techlogy kw-how with welfare state structures where equality seems to prevail. Can we take this picture at face value, or is it too optimistic? In this book we approach the case of Finland from children's perspectives by exploring what ICTs (information and communication techlogy) and media they use, how they use them, and what their thoughts are concerning this use? How does media become a part of children's everyday lives? The book is based on a nationally representative child survey supplemented by interviews where eight- to ten-year old Finnish children have been the key informants.
- Author BiographyThe Authors: Juha Suoranta is a Professor of Education in the University of Lapland. His research interests include research methodology, critical media education, adult education, information society, and digital divide. He received his Ph.D. in adult education from University of Lapland, Rovaniemi, Finland. Hanna Lehtimaeki is a researcher and a consultant in Life Works Consulting Ltd, where she is Senior Partner. Her research interests include dialogical approach in strategy making, organizational networks, and constructionist research methodology. She received her Ph.D. in business administration from University of Tampere, Tampere, Finland.
- Author(s)Hanna Lehtimeaki,Juha Suoranta
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/06/2004
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleNew Literacies and Digital Epistemologies
- Series Part/Volume Number17
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Content Note22 tables
- Weight240 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.