All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
About this product
- DescriptionThis book documents the first five years of life of the children of the influential Millennium Cohort Study, which is tracking almost 19,000 babies born in 2000 and 2001 in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. This book is the second in a series of books which will report on the findings from the data and follows on from Children of the 21st century: From birth to nine months (The Policy Press, 2005). It takes an extended look at the children's lives and development as they grow and begin formal education, and the implications for family policy, and service planning in health and social services. The chapters in this book are written by experts across a wide range of social science and health fields and form a unique look at the early lives of children that cuts across disciplinary boundaries. It is essential reading for academics, students and researchers in these fields. It will also be of relevance to policy makers and practitioners with an interest in children's early years, family life, child development, child poverty, childcare and education and health care.
- Author BiographyShirley Dex is a Professor of Longitudinal Social Research at the Institute of Education, University of London. Heather Joshi, Director of the Millennium Cohort Study, is Professor of Economic Demography and head of the Centre for Longitudinal Studies , Institute of Education, University of London. Kirstine Hansen is the Research Director of the Millennium Cohort at the Centre for Longitudinal Studies, Institute of Education, University of London.
- Author(s)Heather Joshi,Kirstine Hansen,Shirley Dex
- PublisherPolicy Press
- Date of Publication17/02/2010
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleThe UK Millennium Cohort Study Series
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolicy Press
- Out-of-print date20/08/2015
- Content Note25 black & white illustrations, 99 black & white tables, 2 black & white halftones
- Width172 mm
- Height240 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.