All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionThis practical guide to children's common errors and misconceptions in mathematics is a popular planning tool for primary trainees. It supports a deeper understanding of the difficulties encountered in mathematical development. This third edition has been updated to link to the new National Curriculum. New for this edition is a chapter on addressing errors misconceptions which explores how errors can best be identified and countered. The text examines misconceptions individually and in each case provides a description of the error alongside an explanation of why the error happens. The text also considers the role of the teacher in understanding and addressing children's common mathematical misconceptions.
- Author BiographyAlice Hansen is the Director of Children Count Ltd where she is educational consultant. Her work includes running professional development courses and events for teachers and teacher trainers, research and publishing. Alice has worked in education in England and abroad. Prior to her current work she was a primary mathematics tutor and the programme leader for a full-time primary PGCE programme at a large university in England. Doreen Drews is a Principal Lecturer in Primary Mathematics at St Martin's College and has taught extensively within the Foundation Stage, Key Stage One and Key Stage Two. She was a mathematics advisory teacher for four years before joining St Martin's and has a particular interest in early years mathematics. John Dudgeon has taught at a wide range of primary schools. John is particularly interested in the effective use of mathematical resources. Fiona Lawton is currently developing online materials to support teaching and learning in mathematics and is researching the underpinning pedagogy of e-learning. Liz Surtees has taught at both secondary and primary level and has a particular interest in statistics.
- Author(s)Alice Hansen,Doreen Drews,Fiona Lawton,John Dudgeon,Liz Surtees
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication23/06/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLearning Matters Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width171 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.