All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.11
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.45
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.82
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.28
- AU $18.81Trending at AU $22.17
About this product
- DescriptionMany reading programs today overlook an essential component of literacy instruction-helping children develop an enduring love of reading. This authoritative and accessible guide provides a wealth of ideas for incorporating high-quality children's books of all kinds into K-6 classrooms. Numerous practical strategies are presented for engaging students with picturebooks, fiction, nfiction, and ntraditional texts. Lively descriptions of recommended books and activities are interspersed with invaluable tips for fitting authentic reading experiences into the busy school day. Every chapter concludes with reflection questions and suggestions for further reading. The volume also features reproducible worksheets and forms.
- Author BiographyDiane M. Barone, EdD, is Foundation Professor of Literacy at the University of Nevada, Reno. Her research focuses predominantly on young children's literacy development and instruction in high-poverty schools. The author of numerous articles and books, Dr. Barone is a recipient of the Albert J. Kingston Award from the National Reading Conference, for distinguished service to the organization, and the John Chorlton Manning Public School Service Award from the International Reading Association. She works daily in public schools to enhance student learning in literacy and has mentored teachers seeking National Board Certification. Dr. Barone has served as Editor of Reading Research Quarterly and as a board member of the International Reading Association and the National Reading Conference.
- Author(s)Diane M. Barone
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication30/10/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleSolving Problems in the Teaching of Literacy
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight598 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.