Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $105.74
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
About this product
- DescriptionThis accessible and authoritative book provides the first systematic overview of the global children's rights movement. It introduces both beginners and experts to child and youth rights in all their theoretical, historical, cultural, political, and practical complexity. In the process, the book examines key controversies about globalization, cultural relativism, social justice, power, ecomics, politics, freedom, ageism, and more. Combining vivid examples with cutting-edge scholarship, Children's Rights: Today's Global Challenge lifts up the rights of the youngest third of humanity as the major human rights challenge of the twenty-first century.
- Author BiographyJohn Wall is professor of religion, philosophy, and childhood studies at Rutgers University. He helped to start the first North American doctoral studies program in childhood studies, chaired the Childhood Studies and Religion Group at the American Academy of Religion, and serves on the boards of the Journal of Childhood and Religion and International Journal of Children's Rights. He is author or co-editor of several books, including Ethics in Light of Childhood and Children and Armed Conflict.
- Author(s)John Wall
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication19/10/2016
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Weight431 g
- Width158 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.