All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
About this product
- DescriptionA place of extremes and contradictions, Chile is home to a bewilderingly diverse geography and climate. Footprint's Chile Handbook will guide you from the endless and eerie Atacama Desert in the rth to the creaking, fractured glacial ice of the south, with beaches and rainforest to explore in between. * Great coverage of the top activities and sights in the region, including Easter Island, Chiloe, the wine routes, skiing, geysers and salt flats * Loaded with information and suggestions on how to get off the beaten track, from hiking volcaes to whitewater rafting * Includes comprehensive information on everything from transport and practicalities to history, culture & landscape * Plus all the usual accommodation, eating and drinking listings for every budget * Full-colour planning section to inspire travellers and help them find the best experiences From Patagonian penguins to the buzz of vertigius Valparaiso, Footprint's fully updated 7th edition will help you navigate this adventurous destination.
- Author BiographyBen Box has been working on the South American Handbook for over 30 years and is a Latin America expert. Ben has contributed to newspapers, magazines and learned tomes, usually on the subject of travel, and has also been involved in Footprint's Central America & Mexico, Caribbean Islands, Brazil and Peru since their inception. Having a doctorate in Spanish and Portuguese studies from London University, Ben maintains a strong interest in Latin American literature and culture. Anna Maria Espsater, originally from Sweden, first moved to Mexico at 20, enjoying the culture shock, spicy food and sunny weather. She has since returned repeatedly for shorter and longer stays. Now based in London, she works as a freelance travel and food writer, chasing the ambition of visiting every country in the world. With 87 visited to date she has a way to go yet, but remains undaunted despite surviving tropical disease, earthquakes, assault and armed robbery on the road. Chris Wallace has been traveling through, and writing about, Central and South America since 2004. He has lived in Colombia, Argentina, Chile, Brazil and Peru. He has spent long weekends at family fincas in Antioquia, traveled along both ends of the Amazon river, failed at tango classes in Buenos Aires, and made frequent escapes to Valparaiso to receive the palliative benefits of coastal air and electric pink sunsets. He has tailored travel and tourism content for entrepreneurs and publishers alike, having covered events as grand and life affirming as Barranquilla's Carnival festival on some days while dealing with tortured history by writing about Argentina's Dirty War on others. More than 10 years in, he feels he's barely scratched the surface of what this continent has to offer. Having said that, his primary goal is to see more monkeys.
- Author(s)Ben Box
- PublisherFootprint Travel Guides
- Date of Publication26/01/2015
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleFootprint Handbook
- Place of PublicationBath
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFootprint Handbooks
- Out-of-print date17/06/2016
- Weight408 g
- Width115 mm
- Height184 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition Statement7th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.