All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionChina Cuckoo: How I lost a fortune and found a life in China is the remarkable true story of a witty and eccentric Siphile Englishman and his Chinese tree-change. Set in Moganshan a dilapidated, beautiful Chinese hill station, the author, Mark Kitto, Prospect magazine columnist and a former magazine publisher, is the first westerner to return and live in the village of Moganshan fifty years on. This new edition of the modern China classic is timed to coincide with the release of the sequel 'That's China.' A new chapter updates the author's adventures on Moganshan and reveals why, after 15 years, he has finally decided he can never truly be at home in China.
- Author BiographySome people cannot lead a straightforward life. Expelled from school, thrown out of university, accommodated by the British Army, Mark Kitto finally found his vocation in China where he created a unique publishing empire. Unfortunately he was thrown out of that too, by his Communist Party partners. For eight years, Mark lived peacefully on a Chinese mountain in a village built by missionaries in the early nineteenth century. This experience was the basis for Mark's best-selling first book, China Cuckoo, published in 2009. The sequel, That's China, was published in November 2014. Mark and his family now live in Norfolk.
- Author(s)Mark Kitto
- PublisherMake-Do Publishing
- Date of Publication05/04/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationHong Kong
- Content NoteMap
- Width128 mm
- Height195 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.