All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
About this product
- DescriptionEvery Marine has heard stories about the legendary China Marines who served in China before the Second World War. Many of these stories feature the small group of Horse Marines stationed at the American Legation in Peiping who patrolled the city streets and the surrounding Chinese countryside. Riding small, tough, Mongolian ponies and armed with their Model 1913 Patton sabers, these Horse Marines protected American missionaries and businessmen from bands of roving Chinese bandits. The Horse Marines, kwn as the Mounted Detachment, were considered to be the elite of all China Marines. Illustrated with over 420 rare and previously unpublished Horse Marine items and photographs, including drawings and watercolors by Col. John W. Thomason, this book offers a unique perspective into the life of John R. Angstadt, one China Horse Marine.
- Author BiographyE. Richard Bonham has been an art teacher, working artist, and antique art and arms restorer for five decades. He has restored both art and arms for some of the major Asian art and militaria dealers in the United States.
- Author(s)Richard E. Bonham
- PublisherSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication15/05/2015
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationAtglen
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchiffer Publishing Ltd
- Content Note422 colour & b/w photos & charts
- Weight1280 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.