All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionA collection of poetryby poet laureate of the China Treaty Ports Shamus A'Rabbitand cartoons by Sapajou, this compilation offers a fresh perspective on the foreign experience in Old China. From A'Rabbit s sharp and hilarious portrayals of travelers in the Orient to his bouncy and rhythmic satirical wit and distaste for hypocrisy and pretension, this remarkable record paints a unique portrait of China in the colonial era.
- Author BiographyShamus A'Rabbitt was the pseudonym of James Aloysius Rabbitt, an American engineer who spent most of the years between World War I and World War II working in China and Japan. He worked on various harbor and dockyard development programs in China and served as commercial attache at the U.S. embassy in Tokyo. His poetry appeared in numerous Chinese and Japanese newspapers throughout his time in the Far East. Sapajou was the pseudonym of Georgi Sapojnikoff, a refugee from the Bolshevik revolution and a political cartoonist for the North-China Daily News and the North China Herald.
- Author(s)Shamus A'Rabbitt
- PublisherChina Economic Review Publishing
- Date of Publication23/06/2011
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationHong Kong
- Country of PublicationChina
- ImprintChina Economic Review Publishing
- Content Note2 mono photos & 99 mono illustrations
- Weight236 g
- Width145 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.