Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $11.39Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $10.00Free postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by coochiecool
- Est. delivery by 4 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChina is one of the great nations of the world. Containing roughly twenty per cent of the population of the globe, its ecomy is booming, and its role on the world's stage is increasingly influential. Yet, this fascinating country is as complex as it is unusual: its inhabitants are denied some of their fundamental human rights. This powerfully written and incisive book throws light on China's record today. From the restrictions on speech and worship to the lack of freedoms under the law, the ecomy, health and the environment, it provides a well-informed look at what the inhabitants of this vast state may or may t do.
- Author BiographyFrank Ching was educated at Columbia University in New York, then worked as a journalist for the New York Times before setting up the Wall Street Journal's first bureau in Beijing in 1979. Later, after nine years on the Far Eastern Economic Review he moved to the South China Morning Post as Senior Columnist. He also hosts a current affairs tv programme called 'Newsline' which airs weekly on the World channel of Asia Television. He lives in Hong Kong.
- Author(s)Frank Ching
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication03/07/2008
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRider & Co
- Content Notemaps
- Weight75 g
- Width110 mm
- Height177 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $32.93Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.