China Uncovered: What You Need to Know to Do Business in China by Jonathan Story (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.97Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by countryhouselibrary
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $17.14Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExtremely valuable for any company doing business in China. Thoroughly sets out the context and practical approach that every executive needs to kw. Edward Radcliffe, Partner, Vermilion Partners, Shanghai an excellent and complete book and a must read for everybody involved in China Rob Westerhof, former CEO Philips China A compact work loaded with hands-on, actionable advice taking much of the mystery out of China.. Tomas Casas Klett, entrepreneur in China and lecturer at the University of St. Gallen, Switzerland. SHOULD YOU BE DOING BUSINESS IN CHINA? This is a question many businesses are asking, but t one with a simple answer. On the one hand, the opportunities are great; on the other, the complexities are many and China is changing so rapidly it can be difficult to keep up. This insightful, kwledgeable and clear-headed book by China expert Jonathan Story helps you tackle this question from a well-informed perspective. It shows you how to think clearly about the implications of doing business in China, and how to maximise your chances of success if you do decide to go for it. UNCOVER THE ANSWERS TO ALL YOUR QUESTIONS ABOUT DOING BUSINESS IN CHINA China Uncovered shows you: * How to ensure your strategy reflects the pace of change, the unusual risks of operating in China and the business realities of this uncertain market* Why government relations must be a core part of your business - and how to make your relationships with officials productive and beneficial* How to select the best way for your company to start business operations in China * How to make the critical choice of location, taking account of a range of factors, from access to the attitudes of local authorities* How to understand the cultural differences you will face so you can get the all-important 'people issues' right* How to develop a dual sales strategy -- domestic and export -- so your operation is t totally reliant on a new and unpredictable market* How to use your brand to keep ahead of your competitors* How to think about the importance of China to your organisation as a whole
- Author BiographyJonathan Story is Emeritus Professor of International Political Economy at INSEAD, and holds the Marusi Chair of Global Business at The Lally School of Management, Rensselaer Institute. Prior to joining INSEAD in 1974, he worked in Brussels and Washington, where he obtained his PhD from Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies. His latest book is China Uncovered: What you need to know to do business in China, forthcoming from Pearson Education. He is currently working on a new book, China in the World. His previous books include China: The Race to Market (FT/Pearson, 2003), The Frontiers of Fortune, (Pitman, 1999), which is about corporate strategy in the world economy; and The Political Economy of Financial Integration in Europe : The Battle of the Systems,(MIT Press, 1998) on monetary union and financial markets in the EU, and co-authored with Ingo Walter of NYU. These three books deal with the transformation of Europe, China and the world, and whatthat spells for business. Besides authoring books, he has contributed numerous chapters in books and articles in professional journals. He is a regular contributor to newspapers. At the INSEAD campus, he has taught European and world politics, markets, and business in the various MBA, PhD programs. He has taught on INSEAD's flagship Advanced Management Programme for the last three decades, as well as on other Executive Development and Company Specific courses. Jonathan Story works with governments, international organisations and multinational corporations. He is married with four children.Besides English, he is fluent in French, German, Spanish, Italian, reads Portuguese and is learning Russian, and also Chinese. He has a bass voice, and sings professionally.
- Author(s)Jonathan Story
- PublisherPearson Education Limited
- Date of Publication25/02/2010
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleFinancial Times Series
- Place of PublicationHarlow
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFinancial Times Prentice Hall
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight470 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.03Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.