All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.52Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionChina is among a number of large developing country or new powers on the ascendance in the international system, all of which are deepening their ecomic relations with Africa However, China is the largest and most powerful of this group. it has sought closer ecomic relationships with other developing country regions and continents such as Latin America and Central Asia, but it is with Africa - the continent that hosts more developing countries than any other - that China has fostered the closest links. This book provides an overview of how the China - Africa relationship has evolved over the last few decades and examines whether it presents a new paradigm of 'development relations' in the international system. The contributors investigate what is particularly special about the emerging development partnership between Africa and China, and how it may evolve in the future. The contributors focus on various development capacity issues - infrastructural, industrial, techcratic, institutional, human capital, sustainable ecomic practices - and consider various debates on 'development' and development ideologies, including whether China's practices in Africa pose a challenge to Western conventions on development assistance. China-Africa Development Relations will be of interest to those students and scholars of African studies, Chinese studies, international development and development studies.
- Author BiographyChristopher M. Dent is a Professor in East Asia's International Political Economy at the University of Leeds, UK.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/07/2010
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Series TitleRoutledge Contemporary China Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note9 black & white illustrations, 5 black & white tables, 9 black & white line drawings
- Weight453 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byChristopher M. Dent
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.