All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.79Trending at AU $43.25
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $15.72
- AU $18.22Trending at AU $21.61
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $33.86
- AU $43.40Trending at AU $47.45
- AU $24.18Trending at AU $36.34
- AU $43.28Trending at AU $48.33
About this product
- DescriptionThe book sheds understanding on the relations between development and global energy security by looking at China and India. It addresses the following issues: what is the new definition of energy security? How does it affect global politics and international relations? What are the energy security concerns of China and India, and what policies and approaches have they taken to deal with energy security issues? Since China and India are searching for oil and gas in the Middle East, Africa, and Southeast Asia, would their acquisition efforts conflict with the interests of other energy giants such as the U.S., Japan, and would their growing overseas activities challenge U.S. policy in those energy-rich regions? The book provides insight into what the new global energy order may be and how the growth models and energy structures may shape the ecomic growth and energy. It analyzes both the state-centered approach and market-oriented approach in the global quest for energy resources. It also examines how China and India can adopt a cooperative approach for beneficial relations. The book will be of interest to anyone who is keen to learn how the World especially U.S.A. can accomodate and adapt to the new global energy dynamics and on China and India as new players in global energy markets.
- Author BiographyZhao Hong is Senior Research Fellow at the East Asian Institute (EAI), National University of Singapore. Before coming to EAI, he was Professor at the Research School of Southeast Asian Studies, Xiamen University, where he taught International Political Economy, Big Power Relations, and Southeast Asian Economy. His research interests are mainly China-ASEAN economic integration, China-India energy competition and cooperation, and East Asian community.
- Author(s)Hong Zhao
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication25/10/2012
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note27 black & white illustrations, 26 black & white tables, 27 black & white line drawings
- Weight362 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.